Sep 12 , 2021
How to Dress Up Leggings
When the weather starts to get colder, leggings can be a classy way to stay warm and comfortable throughout the day. Whether you are dressing up for a night out with the girls or a long day at the office, leggings can be a great option. Although they are generally seen as a casual choice, you can easily dress leggings up by choosing the proper style, pairing them with the perfect top, selecting the right shoes, and adding a few elegant accessories.
1. Wear leggings that fit you properly. If you want your leggings to look dressy, be sure to choose leggings that aren’t too tight or too loose. You should be able to move around comfortably without your leggings riding up or falling down.
- Because of the design of leggings, they often run small. It is not a bad idea to opt for the next size up to ensure you are getting a proper fit.
2. Choose solid leggings in neutral colors. Choosing leggings that are opaque or a darker color gives you a dressier look that you can wear anywhere. Avoid wearing white leggings or leggings with wild prints, as these tend to look more casual.
- Choose black, navy blue, or brown leggings for a look you can wear anywhere.
- Try maroon or plum leggings for a classy look with an edgier side.
- Don’t wear leggings that have become faded over time.
3. Avoid leggings that are see-through. If you are going for a dressier look, don’t wear leggings that show parts of you that you wouldn’t want to be seen in public. Make sure to check for thinner areas before going out, as the material used for leggings is often see-through.
- Leggings that are made from a polyester blend, wool, or a cotton blend will give you the best protection when it comes to keeping your undergarments concealed.
- Just because your leggings are a dark color doesn’t mean they aren’t see-through.
- You can check the thickness of your leggings by holding them up to the light or putting them on and looking in the mirror while you perform various movements.
4. Choose longer leggings for a classy look. Cropped leggings or leggings that cut off at the ankle can look too casual or athletic. If you are trying for a classier look, opt for leggings that hit at or below the ankle. These are perfect for sporting ballet flats, heels, and boots.
- If wearing boots, you may want to get a pair of leggings with stirrups that go over your heel to keep the leg of the leggings from riding up.